Matters On Tomorrow focused on what we had existing in 2019. To strengthen our service offerings to each organization. It was fun to see each find their own story in the work they are doing.
- Rabble Mill – grew the team, grew those they were servicing and expanded to hold programs in all of Nebraska. It is a unified team now instead of two separate organizations. I know we will be amazed at what they accomplish.
- Sparks4Change Rwanda had transitions in leadership which presented new challenges. MOT remains committed to seeing the 10 kids graduate primary and secondary school. We look forward to continuing with them in 2020.
- Latino Summit Scholarship gave two new awards at $1,000 for higher education. Every penny counts when going to that next step.
- Summer Mission Camp added more churches and people to their summer programing. We saw their outreach and impact guide many young people.
- Matters On Tomorrow also rolled up its sleeves and helped Moments with Yahweh gain its 501c3 and business infrastructure. A couple had a dream of curriculum and books, now they have the vehicle to achieve this for their community.
Dancing Beyond Limits had another great year we want to share their words with you:
In 2019, our Lincoln and Omaha dance programs continued to function at capacity. We were able to accommodate nearly 60 youth each in the spring and fall by adding programs including 2 Omaha classes and a Cheer Class and training additional volunteer instructors. These groups came together for a combined show in the fall which included 7 performances. Dancers also performed with Fusion and Chase Studio Recitals, The Lincoln Symphony Orchestra Holiday Show, Lincoln Arts Festival, UNL Dance Marathon, and small groups performed throughout the dance and local communities. Dancing Beyond Limits also partnered with local pediatric therapists to host a free bike camp in the summer. One of the highlights of 2019 was being able to provide new subsidized costumes for each of our performers thanks to the generosity of donors. Another joy was celebrating several volunteers with 5 or more years of service. Dancing Beyond Limits supports 50+ volunteers who represent youth, adults, and graduate students who partner with a dancer throughout the 8 week dance sessions. Our dancers were presented with trophies to celebrate their many accomplishments at the end of the season. Our dancers ages 3-21 demonstrated growth and dedication through the 2019 year and we are so proud of the accomplishments of each participant! DBL Shines!
True Potential also wrote to share their tremendous impact:
On June 5th, at our 6th annual fundraising dinner, we raised: $21,364 and granted 26 scholarships to community colleges across the states of Nebraska and Iowa. We continue to strengthen our relationships with donors and organizations who value access to higher education for all. In 2019 we added Northeast Community College to the list of institutions who partner with us through donation matching agreements. Other colleges we partnered with in 2019 were Central Community College and Southeast Community College. Out students are enrolled in a variety of programs in the fields of healthcare (medical assisting and nursing, radiology tech, paramedic, etc), education (transfer to teaching degrees, early childhood education), technical degrees (heating and refrigeration tech, drafting and mechanical techs) among others.
The incredible Ross & Karen Pesek have grown True Potential to awarding 115 years’ worth of fully paid community college and trade school tuition to 87 different individuals. It astounds those of us admin workers at Matters On Tomorrow what the groups on our platform are doing to help communities and individuals. Matters On Tomorrow is investing in the long term. We can’t wait to see what these 87 individuals will do in our world in the next 10, 20, 30 years.
The Best is Yet to Come!